We've been to Steamboat before, and always can't wait to go back, it is so beautiful there! So we had a pretty great weekend in Steamboat Springs, CO. Our friend hooked us up with a sweet hotel deal (since that place is expensive!) I didn't take nearly enough pictures of the good stuff and the beauty of steamboat... but nonetheless I will still tell you a little about it.
First of all, I always tell Ricky that he would make a cute cowboy.... and I think I am right....
:)
The main thing we did on our weekend getaway was EAT. We enjoyed some good grub.. Favorites were:
Fav. DINNER:
The Orehouse- top of the line steak, grilled veggies, house potato (can't explain this but it was to die for), and bottomless rolls, including sweet rolls!
Fav. BREAKFAST:
Freshies- Biscuits & gravy (we had no idea how much we would love these since we've never had them before) we were licking the gravy off the plate it was so good, a huge cinna roll with orange cream frosting- you have to try this one if ever in steamboat, and big cup of creamy hot cocoa. and if I told you it was a rainy morning would you think it sounded so much better?? I think yes!
Fav. LUNCH:
Lyons soda fountain- Grilled cheese, tomato florentine soup, pickle, potato chips, fresh scoop ice cream.
We were able to enjoy some some hiking and mountain biking. Although it was rainy for our hike we enjoyed it so much. We did the popular Fish Creek Falls, and loved it!
(i look so goofy in my 'skater' helmet haha, i need to get a real one)
We both have exams this week, so we did have to study some on or mini-vaca, but we were still able to relax a bunch. Our Jacuzzi had an awesome view of the mountain, and there was a live band playing just at the base, so we were able to sit and enjoy that from the hot tub. so fun.
And for the highlight of the trip...
It was Oktoberfest in Steamboat this weekend which provided good food, live entertainment and a good time, right outside of our hotel!
And although we don't drink beer, we were able to have fun and rick provided some silly entertainment for those attending ;)
...
Ricky is the pie-eating champ..
which shouldn't surprise any of you I'm sure.
I'm so proud.
:)



No comments:
Post a Comment