Saturday, July 3, 2010

Crater Lakes

Yay, we finally did an activity that I brought my camera and actually took pictures.  Which means it is legitly blogable. 
So I will do a blog post about our hike this morning.  This hiking trip was quite pleasant.  It was 4 miles up with the destination being "Crater Lakes".  Lo and behold we did not get lost as I thought we might :)  We found the lakes and it was beautiful!  We went early in the morning before it got too warm, so we were done with our 8 mile round trip hike before noon. I learned a lot about Rick on this trip since there is only conversation to entertain eachother for hours.  One of Rick's topics today included a conversation about vampires and werewolves.  I felt he had some things to get off his chest and clear his mind after seeing the movie Eclipse last night.  He admitted to me his "Team Jacob vs Team Edward" status, which I will keep private for his sake (hehe). 
Being married is fun, and I am grateful for quality time spent with my husband.



I found Columbines!: the Colorado State Flower. 
FYI: I learned years ago (first hand), that it is illegal to pick the state flower, so I opted against taking a bouquet of them home..

So happy that we found the lake!!



Beautiful.Love. the Colorado Wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...