Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June FOOD Minute


Sadly, I have no pictures of anything that I made this month.. but I've got some yummy things to share!

First of all, we made chocolate chip cookies this month, but decided to add the 1/4 bag of butterscoth chips that has been sitting in the pantry for months, to the cookies with choco chips and it was a delicious addition.

For dinner tonight, I "leaned' towards turkey burgers for dinner instead of hamburgers for a little summertime mix.  I added ginger, soy sauce and green onions to the turkey meat. Grilled, and ate with lettuce and topped with a little teriyaki sauce and dijon mustard.  We paired this yummy meat concoction with grilled corn on the cob, which I stuffed with garlic and butter before cooking it.  yum.  Although Rick was skeptical about the turkey meat at first, he ended up lovin it.
 *one thing I learned this month from this meal:  scallions = green onions!  :)

Things we've added to our diet this month:
-almonds as a snack
-Royal Crest milk (from the milk man!), no more store bought yuk.
-fresh fruit smoothies
-popsicles.daily. mmm.

FAST FOOD MINUTE:
$1 Big Macs on Mondays. McDonalds.
$1 Jr. Bacon Cheesburger. Wendys.
Blue Cocunut Slushie. Sonic.

We sat down and counted all the times we've been through a drive-thru together. That's right- COUNTED, and only needed one hand to do so. We realized we never go through drive throughs. We are not sure why, but it's kind of an interesting observation!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...