This month indulge in a little of this...
Chocolate covered pretzels are a yummmmy snack every once in a while. They are my favorite munchie recently, only a few at a time though. A little every once in a while will be just perfect for your sweet n' salty tooth. I've actually just been addicted to pretzels in general, just plain ol pretzel sticks hold me over until lunch any day.
One of the new recipes that I tried this month was on St. Patty's Day. Corned Beef and Cabbage! Not only had I never cooked it before, but I don't remember even eating it at all before. So I didn't even know what I was making, which made it a little diffiult. It turned out pretty good. Rick requested this for every St. Patrick's Day dinner, however, I promised I wouldn't make it any other time of the year (I did not like it THAT much) even though it did turn out yummier than I thought...
We have also accumulated a LOT of canned products in our pantry. I tend to buy them and not use them, so I've been basing our meals on these cans to try and rid of a majority of them. I made homemade chili with all the canned beans and tomatoes (and I had corn bread packets I had also bought- perfect with the chili!), and we have also been eating a lot of green beans (sorry Rick!), for some reason I buy a lot of canned green beans, I don't know why.
-Cabbage and Iceburg lettuce are not the same thing. I originally grabbed a head of iceburg lettuce for our St. Patty's day meal, good thing they had strategically placed cabbage next to the corned beef :)
-Broiling garlic bread to make it toasty needs to be CAREFULLY watched, I burn it to charcoals EVERY time.
-I have yet to figure out that I need to buy lettuce/spinach WEEKLY because it goes bad so quickly, by the time I use it, it's pink.
-Buying groceries at Super Target isn't very budget savvy.


No comments:
Post a Comment