Sunday, March 21, 2010

FIRST Wedding Anniversary

We had a pretty great time celebrating our first Wedding Anniversary.  It is pretty crazy to think that a year ago it was our wedding day, time just flies doesn't it?!  Rick refused to get me roses (for some reason he always feels obligated to buy roses, I never made this a requirement haha) , but said he wanted to get me "spring" flowers since our wedding day is shared with the spring equinox.  They were beautiful. 

We decided that for our anniversary it would be appropriate to go to the temple (-the one where we got married in!) So we went Saturday afternoon.  (sun was in Rick's eyes haha, he really IS happy I promise)


Here we are THIS year....
 

...and Here we are same place ONE year ago!
                                              

To make things interesting, we've decided to celebrate anniversaries traditionally, where each year represents what kind of gift you get your spouse.  The first year is "paper".  So for our paper gift, we got tickets.  Saturday night the Colorado Symphony Orchestra was performing their Charlie Chaplan movie night.  They play a Charlie Chaplan film, and the orchestra plays to it live.  We love going to the symphony, and have loved movie nights they've done in the past, so we were thrilled they were doing this show on our anniversary.  It was so great!





We just got done reading the book, Standing For Something by Gordon B. Hinckley, so we were due for buying a new book to read together.  We wanted to get one by Thomas S. Monson, so we went to Desseret Book and found one called Be Your Best Self, our next book to read together, and this was another "paper" gift to ourselves for our anniversary. 

When we were in the Bahamas on our honeymoon, our hotel was right by the Hard Rock Cafe so we ended up going there A LOT because we loved it.  SO for our celebratory anniversary dinner, guess where we went??  Yep, Hard Rock Cafe Denver! 

Hard Rock Cafe, Denver 2010...
     
    
 ...Hard Rock Cafe, Nassau 2009  


On Sunday (our ACTUAL anniversary day, March 21) we had even more fun.  We pulled out the wedding box.  We went through our guest book from the reception and read every single person's name and message.  Thanks again every one for the well wishes! We also found our serving  utensils from our cake that have our names and wedding date engraved on them, also our 'wine' glasses that my mom also had our names and wedding date etched on.  So we used both of those.  We didn't save the top of our cake like tradition, so I just went and bought a cake for us to cut and serve with our utensils, and enjoy while....




...we watched our wedding video for the VERY FIRST TIME on our first Anniversary.  We saved it the whole year to make it ultra special today, and watch the video footage from the set up all the way until we drove away on our wedding day.  It was so fun to look back and remember that day! We had so many friends and family come to support us and have a good time- it was definitely the best, most fun day of our whole life! It's almost as fun to celebrate it, if not I just love remembering it :D :D :D

There are so many things I love about you.
I love the way your face lights up when you laugh.
I love knowing that I can still make you smile.
I love the way you bring out the best in me and won't let m settle for anything less.
I love the gentle ways you have of smoothing out a long days' rough edges.
I love the feeling of contentment that comes from beginning and ending each day with you.
Everything you do, everything you are, everything we have together.
That's why I love you, now and always.
                -Rick Martin (with help from Hallmark) :D

1 comment:

  1. omygosh that was sooo fun to read!!! congrats on ur one yr wedding anniversary and heres to 50 more!!!
    love you!!
    Aunt Deb :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...