Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cabin Fever


Not gonna lie.. we need some sunshine around here!  I'm not talking about how it was today- sunny, but still 0 degrees outside... I'm talking about 80 degree weather with maybe a light breeze.
I'm ready to turn the heater off, crank the A/C and drink some lemonade.  Stay outside late into the evening, small talk on the patio while the grill cools down and the crickets begin to chirp.  The pool just outside our porch needs to break off those chains and throw back the tarp because I'm ready to jump in! 

Looking forward to summertime:
sunshine
no scraping ice off your car
tanning oil
barbeques and firepits
green grass
flip flops
flip flop tan lines
riding rollercoasters
purchasing packets of flower seeds
and gardening in general
bottles of soapy bubbles
swimming
zany sunglasses
making and flying kites
watermelons and lemonade
camping
hiking
bike rides
reading countless number of books poolside
playing checkers on a picnic
puddle jumping after a warm summer rain
outdoor music concerts
stargazing
jetskiing cherry creek resivoir
mini golf
afternoons at the driving range
slushies
going fishing
sand pit volleyball
little league baseball games...

What was with Mr Gore and all the talk about global warming? Definitely the freeze before the storm (maybe he is right!?!) The glaciers are melting and causing a global freeeeeze! In fact, just the other day it snowed in 49 of the 50 states on the SAME day!  Even tropical Florida's orange orchards are freezing over.
Warm up earth!

Punxsutawney Phil better stay in his little hole next year because I am just itching for some summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...