Monday, December 3, 2012

12-weeks

...and the announcement was made today to EVERYONE!


Very exciting to share news with friends because everyone else's excitement makes me that much more happy, if I could possible be any more happy!  Having a baby truly is a blessing and see this time as such! Thank you all for the wonderful support and kind words.


Rick came with me to the ultrasound today, and it was a hoot having him in there.  He was so amazed with everything "oooing" and "ahhhing" pretty much at everything, "whoa that's so cool"-ing as well.  It's been so fun for me to see his reaction to this all, he really is going to be such a wonderful, dedicated, fun dad. Sure he has no clue what he's doing, but I can tell he loves this kiddo so much and that's all that matters.  He is always very concerned if I decide to order a Dr. Pepper, or if I forget to take my pre-natal vitamin, he read through the list of do and don'ts and is really on me making sure I'm taking care of this baby ;)  it makes me laugh.  He has just been dying to spread the word, and I told him that once today's check-up went well he could tell whomever he wanted, and he literally and sent the message out to many of his friends before we even stepped out of the office hahaha.  It am so happy he was able to join in that experience with me today.


The woes of pregnancy are still in full force, but they are accepted gladly, in fact if I don't feel a little queasy I immediately wonder "oh no, I hope nothing is wrong". But then it kicks back in and I know my hormones are doing what they need to be doing.  I was supposed to have 24 oz. of water in my bladder for the ultrasound today, so I woke up and did that but my body rid of all 24 oz right before we left for the appointment. I promptly downed another water bottle determined to make this appointment be what it needed to be but conveniently discarded of the second 24oz. as we entered the office.  I'm still not eating much, in fact I've lost 5 lbs which the nurse seemed concerned about today but I'm not too worried, I'm sure I will easily get that back in the next few months ;)

We are absolutely ecstatic and continue to pray that all goes well!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...