There is more than one reason why Vivaldi on a Friday night is one of my most favorite nights. A reason to get dressed up, and reason to eat some good food in the city. Walking down the performing arts district gives my heart a little flutter, high heals clomp against the pavement as people laugh sophisticatedly, and extra large doors open into extra large lobbies that are lined with red velvet carpet, and obscure art pieces cover the walls which contain large wooden doors that lead into an auditorium containing thousands of chairs, a grand stage that awaits its performers and acoustics waiting to magnify a round of applause.
It is sensational!
We enjoy going to the symphony. There is nothing like watching a professional orchestra and a grammy-nominated violinist, play Vivaldi's 4 Seasons. I stare at each musician, and watch the passion that goes into their individual part, and then I close my eyes and hear how all their individual sounds make a song. My everyday thoughts run from me as I imagine what kind of mind created this music, what were they thinking that encouraged these sounds to be put together.
It is a great escape and thoroughly entertaining. It is equally entertaining to observe members of the audience, as we are usually a few of the youngest, by far. The rows glisten with white and grey hair poofs of the older generation. And I always think that grey poof hair with much too large gold earrings, sitting by the bald head and saggy corduroy trousers will be us one day. Me and Rick. And that makes me smile. :)





Fun! I love to go to the performing arts center too. However Nate and I have yet to go together. We should make it a double date with you & Rick!
ReplyDeleteWe definitely should go together sometime!!!
ReplyDelete