Monday, January 10, 2011

Rosette tutorial

 Aren't these cute!?



Here's how to do it....

I found these pre-cut long lengths of patterned broadcloth on sale, so I decided to make a craft out of it! :)

Make a little snip at the end, then rip the cloth.  This will give an uneven frayed look, which will give more dimension to the rosettes.


Then tie a knot on one end.

Begin wrapping fabric around the knot.  Using a hot glue gun to secure it.

Keep twisting and wrapping until you get the desired size of rosette that you want.
I used really big ones for the head bands, and glued smaller ones to the hair clips.

Use a square of fabric with a lot of hot glue to secure the rosettes to headbands and hair clips.

 Try and enjoy!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these!!! I wanna make some! Do you rip the fabic straight down the middle or does it matter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't matter! Sometimes it rips at a diagonal, etc. Just need a long somewhat uneven strip of fabric. (I don't like it too be toooo thick of a piece, i tend to use the thinner ones.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...