Pepsi-Cola "Throwback". The Good stuff- how it used to be, made with REAL sugar. We don't buy or drink much soda, but this is a must, especially since it is only available for a limited time!
Also a great new must have- Sugar Free- only 60 Calories- and so yummy! Jello Mousse Temptations.
This month I also found my favorite bread place of all time here in Colorado, I thought it only existed in Utah!
They have the best Honey Whole Wheat bread: ingredients include and are limited to : freshly-ground whole wheat, water, honey, yeast and salt. Simply amazing! I love to splurge on a loaf of this every once in a while, it is the most dense, meaty bread you will ever have. It's great as toast and also as a PB & honey sandwich. AND every time you go in, they give you a fresh slice of any bread with butter on it, they are so great.
I've been trying to drag Rick into the kitchen this month to try and teach him a thing or two, and last night I got him in because we made his most favorite food of all time. I made him follow the recipe, and he did it! We made REALLY big chocolate chip cookies. And he did great, they were absouley delicious! (The one got a thumb to it when he took it out of the oven)
MISTAKES that I have made in the kitchen this month....
Tomato Paste and Tomato Sauce are NOT the same thing.
Always make sure the pepper cap is on before seasoning the sauce.
Turn off all stove top burners before laying ziploc bags anywhere near the stove.
Don't try to open the bag of rice like you would a bag of chips, use scissors and there moslt likely won't be an explosion. (Or bags of noodles either.. you would think I learned the first time...)
Don't try to multi-task when the directions call for "stirring frequently".. things burn if they are not stirred frequently.
Until next time... Happy Eating!




No comments:
Post a Comment