I've always been partial to white lights.. but I was listening to an early morning radio talk show last week, and they were having this conversation. The general consensus was colored lights are more "homey" and white lights are too "department store-ish". I was kind of upset, because I always do white lights, am I boring? am I too department store-ish? So I conducted a survey on facebook.
Votes in and the results were--
White lights: 6
Colored lights: 5
Both: 2
Ha! so white won, which made me feel not so bad about my taste... But I also realized it's a close call. Or should I say ethnic lights, as corrected by a couple of people on the social network, haha. No I am not racist ;) Colored might seem more homey to others, especially if they grew up that way; I grew up with white, so maybe that is my bias. White seem more homey and cozy to me while colored seems too chaotic. But they ARE fun, SOOOO
The big tree has white lights...
and I made our little office tree have colored lights...
ya?
And enjoy other Christmas deco in my home... In fact, just come over and enjoy it, it's so much better in person!! ;)



I am loving all your holiday decorating! super festive! ahhh only if I could stop procrastinating, thanks for the motivation :)
ReplyDeleteholy! i love your house! it looks so cozy!
ReplyDelete