Tomato Basil Soup
12 tomatoes1 C chicken stock
(1 C cream)
1 yellow onion
5 garlic cloves
A lot of basil
~1 tsp Thyme
~2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
Salt, kosher salt
Pepper
Half the tomatoes, drizzle with grapeseed oil and kosher salt, and roast on 400F for ~30-40 min.
Brown chopped up onion and garlic and cayenne pepper in pan in grapeseed oil.
After tomatoes are done, put them in a blender/processor with onion mixture and blend to a puree.
Put in crockpot with chicken stock, basil, thyme and pepper.
Let simmer on Low all day (~6 hours).
I bought heavy cream to add it at the end, but I opted out of the extra calories of this (since I knew that I wanted grilled cheese too), and it was fine without. But if I did, I would have added the cream in the last hour or so of cooking.
I served with sourdough grilled cheese sandwiches, for dipping...
yum!

No comments:
Post a Comment