Friday, July 1, 2011

Spinach Smoothies?

If you are a house guest in the morning around here, I will be making you have a smoothie, a spinach smoothie?? ewwww.....

3-5 Cups (or as much as you can cram in there) of fresh spinach (add one cup at a time)
2 Cups of Strawberries (I just buy a big bag of costco frozen ones and use that)
1 Banana
Either 2 TBs  of Agave natural sweetener 
or 1/4 Cup Low-fat/Low- sugar Vanilla yogurt*I prefer this
~1/4 water
Blend.

This is only part of the spinach, like I said, you continue to add more and more as you blend.



This one only has a couple cups of spinach, usually it is a lot greener the more you put in.

Come over and try it, I think I will convert you. Super yummy and crammed with vitamins. The only downer is that you do get a lot of sugar/carbs from the fruit, but hey, I say that's okay ;)


2 comments:

  1. I have heard of this! Can you taste the spinach at all?? I definitely should drink something like this to get more greens....without really tasting it. :) I think I will have to try making it sometime. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can kinda taste the spinach, especially the more you put in, the strawberry and banana help a lot though!- It's really not that bad- you should try it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...