Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Macquel-ify = save $$

So we got a TV for Christmas and decided to mount it on the wall because we only had a tiny TV stand that would look silly with the big TV on it.  We mounted it, then realized the tiny stand still looked silly haha

I decided to just get a taller TV stand, but once I started looking I realized that furniture is expensive ;)  It would be hundreds of $$ to get what we wanted, and I just didn't want to spend the money. So I 'maquelified' it, as some of my friends say :)  DIY, ya? I was so frustrated though, I just didn't know how to pull anything off. I tried some of our bookshelves under it which looked even worse.
In the closet one day and saw Rick's shoe rack... same exact color as our tv stand. hmmmm.....


Yep I'm gonna use it :)


I set it right on top, and added some deco. 
I've had these baskets forever just sitting in our coat closet, and guess what, they fit perfectly....


I found some cute knobby's at Hobby Lobby for 50 cents.

So I put those on to spice it up a little...

Vualla!


 Okay, so it's still a little awkward, I don't totally love it.  But it works! And it was cheap!

(and yes I did buy Rick a new shoe stand, same one was only $10 at Target!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Macquel! you are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that looks so great! Now can you come Macquel-ify our house?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...