{WARNING: a LOT of pictures in the post because we just had a really fun weekend}
A weekend vacation to SoCo (southern colorado) :) For some reason we were laughing like the whole time, I guess it was just that fun, and we are just that funny.
At the tallest peak (650 ft climb!)
It is really hard to walk/hike up on the sand ... but so much fun to run down!
Quote by Rick as we were leaving the dunes, said very seriously: "Too much sand." I laughed for a long time after that one.
We had awesome/perfect shoes for sand-duning (courtesy of King Soopers- $3.50/each. love good deals!)
Shoe-wise we were more fortunate than most other people out there wearing either socks and hiking shoes, or flip flops. Nonetheless though, The sand was hot hot hot! So we went exploring in our car and found signs that pointed to a waterfall.
The shoes were even MORE perfect for this activity! The cool water was so refreshing for our toasty toes.

We camped at the sand dunes campground (made yummy campfire banana boats amongst other yummy camp food), also battled nature a little bit (chipmunks.)
Which was wayyy cool.
And then we decided to be crazy and go on the SkyCoaster. You know those things at amusement parks that pull you up really high and then drop you and you swing? Yes, we did that, but over the GORGE. They said once you are released, and are at the highest point, you are over the canyon, and your distance to the bottom is as tall as the Empire State Building.
I really wanted to do it, and Rick would not even hear of it. He was like "no way". After about an hour, I finally convinced him. Not too many people were doing it, so we decided to give the crowd some entertainment. By the end of it, I was so freaked out, and Rick actually loved it (tables turned!).
Ricky was sort of panicing, that is why he is talking so much, so don't mind him (especially if you hear any not so good words from his mouth...first time I've heard him say that word actually) hehe.
Oh and another funny quote by Rick this weekend.. while in line, "Do they sell diapers?" (He was seriously freaked out)
Caarazy fun!















I am so jealous that you guys went to the Sand Dunes, I have been wanting to go there forever! Looks like lots of fun.
ReplyDelete